Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012 Cherington Campaign: Puzzle Piece #3



Andrew Bailey is coming to the Red Sox, y'all! What are you doing right now? Have you high-fived someone about this yet? This is huge news for us, Red Sox nation. First of all, Bailey is locked up for 3 seasons, so we have a young, proven back-of-the-rotation stud who can close games for us for years to come. Secondly, this means that Mark Melancon can set the table for Bailey and help close games when we need a spot closer. And lastly, this means Daniel Bard is assured a chance in the Red Sox rotation. He wont have to look over his shoulder anymore. We have a closer, Daniel. You go win games now as a starter. Bard joins Josh Beckett, Jon Lester and Clay Buchholz in the Sox rotation with fellow converted reliever Alfredo Aceves. These guys can count on a couple of gems at the end of the bench in Mark Melancon and now Andrew Bailey. I look at those names and I feel pretty good about our chances winning games next season.

Ben Cherington gets his man. We've been reading for weeks how the Red Sox were in line for this player or that. Gio Gonzalez was supposed to be ours, but I guess the Oakland A's liked what the Washington Nationals had to offer better. But Cherington got this Bailey trade done and that brings a smile back to our faces. It makes me wonder if the Sox are done dealing. The Boston media have been reporting that the Sox are still in on Matt Garza from the Cubs. I'll believe we get anything from Theo when I see it.

Andrew Bailey is a Red Sox! Are you kidding me? The first person I see at work tomorrow I am going to high-five. They'll ask me why and I'll reply with two words, Andrew...Bailey.

No comments:

Post a Comment