Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Red "Yawn" Sox Nation



Yawn, nation. Our beloved Red Sox don't need to make nine-figure splashes every off-season. They don't need to be on Sportscenter every night. But, man, why do I feel like I am stuck in a horribly long and awful dream?

Did you know that we re-signed Jacoby Ellsbury to a one-year $8.05 million dollar deal? That's great news, right? It's not a multi-year contract but if the Red Sox are smart, they'll get that done.

Can you tell me who the new Red Sox are? How about at least one name? Anyone?

Did you know that 6' 5" Japanese pitching sensation Yu Darvish just signed a $60 million dollar, 6-year contract with the Texas Rangers? Coupled with the $51.7 million dollar posting fee, the Rangers spent some hefty cash, but what would Darvish look like in a rotation with Lester, Beckett and Buchholz? I shutter to think. And what is an additional $110 mill to John Henry anyway?

So the Red Sox can't spend and spend and spend. I get it. But why am I....excuse me.....yawnnnnnn...just so damned anxious!

No comments:

Post a Comment