Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hereeeeee, Lackey!


Well, if Peter Abraham's (Boston Globe) report is true, the San Diego Padres may have interest in John Lackey. When I read that, the first word out of my mouth was "WHEW!" Let me tell you, as a SoCal guy, I really wanted Lackey to do well in Boston. He was a bulldog in Disneyland and I was one who thought he still had some gas left in the tank. I guess I, like Theo Epstein and company, were very wrong.

I was about to start writing about how Lackey has failed the Sox on a variety of levels. I think that's already been covered in triplicate. Instead let me just say that when you come to Boston to play for the Sox, it doesn't matter what money they are paying you -- if you don't produce, we'll smell it right away. Lackey had a stench on himself early on. Red Sox Nation endured it for one season. We figured it was culture shock. Season 2? Fool us once, but not a second time. We see you for exactly what you are -- a lazy, good for nothing, overpaid has-been who thinks they are a premier player in this league. Man -- what did Josh Beckett do to you and Lester anyway? Josh can get away with drinking and being an ass - because his results on the mound don't lie. Not sure what you were thinking!

Good luck in San Diego, John. At least they know what they're getting. We thought we did. Thanks for the major wake-up call.

No comments:

Post a Comment